The Les Schwab Amphitheater is gearing up for our biggest season to date. What exactly will concerts at the venue look like in 2021?
Starting Aug. 29, Concertgoers Must Bring Proof of Full Vaccination or Proof of a Negative COVID-19 Test to All Shows
Committed to bringing concerts back in the best ways, today Les Schwab Amphitheater announced that it will be rolling out protocols for concertgoers, performers and staff at the venue.
Starting Aug. 29, attendees of shows in the 2021 concert season will need to bring proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test result collected within 72 hours of the show for each show they are attending. (Note, concertgoers for the Dave Matthews Band show on Sept. 8 will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test 48 hours before the show.)
This policy sets standards across the board for concert attendees, touring artists, their support staff and the Les Schwab Amphitheater and Live Nation teams. It will go into effect beginning with the Modest Mouse concert on Aug. 29.
In effect beginning Aug. 29, the updated COVID-19 safety policy for the Les Schwab Amphitheater includes the following best practices:
- Any concertgoer at the Les Schwab Amphitheater, regardless of age, must bring proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result they have received in the 72 hours preceding the show.
- Concertgoers’ proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result must match the name on their ID.
- Screenshots or other digital copies of either a negative COVID-19 test result or full COVID-19 vaccination is acceptable for entry if the name on the digital proof matches the name on the concertgoer’s ID.
- These protocols will apply to all shows on and beyond Aug. 29 until further notice.
Upcoming Les Schwab Amphitheater shows requiring proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test:
- Modest Mouse on Aug. 29
- Brandi Carlile on Sept. 4 & 5
- Death Cab for Cutie on Sept. 6
- Dave Matthews Band on Sept. 8 (Proof of vaccination OR proof of a negative test needs to be within 48 hours of show)
- John Legend on Sept. 12
- Lake Street Dive on Sept. 17
- NEEDTOBREATHE on Sept. 18
- Pink Martini on Sept. 19
- Foreigner on Sept. 21
- Lord Huron on Sept. 26
- Luke Bryan on Sept. 30 & Oct. 1
- My Morning Jacket on Oct. 3
- 311 on Oct. 7
- Flogging Molly & Violent Femmes on Oct. 15
- Jimmy Eat World & Taking Back Sunday on Oct. 16
To find locations offering rapid tests near you call 211, or visit: https://govstatus.egov.com/or-oha-covid-19-testing.
The additional steps are also in place to maximize your health and safety:
- Additional sanitation stations, restrooms and handwashing stations throughout the venue.
- Promotion of paperless tickets to eliminate touch-points.
- All venue employees vaccinated.
In addition, to increase the efficiency of entry into the venue as well as everyone’s safety, we will now only permit concertgoers to bring clear plastic bags into the Les Schwab Amphitheater. Bag size is defined as:
- An individual clear plastic, vinyl or PVC tote bag, clear backpack or fanny pack NO LARGER than 12” x 6” x 12”
- Solid small clutches or wallets no larger than 4.5”x 6.5” are also permitted.
- The following clear totes are in stock at the Ticket Mill in the Old Mill District located at 450 SW Powerhouse Drive, Suite 408 (between Lush and Tumalo Art Co.). The Ticket Mill is open Monday – Saturday 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
We have paused our reusable cup program this year, but we encourage you to bring empty, reusable water bottles to fill at the free water-filtration stations located throughout the venue.
Please keep in mind each concert has specific rules and regulations. For example, blankets are prohibited at all concerts; however, low-profile chairs – 8” from seat to ground, 33” from top of chair to ground – are allowed at some shows. Under the event listing for the concert(s) you choose to attend, any show specific requirements or permissions will be noted there.
It’s go time, folks. Live concerts cultivate magical moments and lifelong memories, and dang it’s good to be back.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit bendconcerts.com or stop by the Ticket Mill, located at 450 SW Powerhouse Drive, Suite 408 (between Lush and Tumalo Art Co.). The Ticket Mill is open Monday – Saturday 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.-6 p.m.